Skip to main content

The Punk Show, 2024 edition.



I don’t care, I do things. I don’t need a ghost from 20 years back affecting things with no true emotions behind it. I don’t need your drama. I have enough of my own. One reason I like slipping into Toronto and doing my own thing is because when I was a runaway and a homeless street kid on young and queen it was a world before you, and even before that being part of the punk Indy scene here... this is a second adolescence for me, I’m being fucking me.. someone I’ve swallowed since the day Tupac died. I don’t forget where I was sitting on my 20th birthday and his 15 birthday. Those dates are significant.  There’s a reason.


What the fuck was the point of trying to improve myself, all that ever fucking brought me was misery, including you. Three days before your fiftieth birthday and your still pulling this shy because I acted like a millionaire for a weekend because I have good Freinds and family. I’m gonna live my life. I’m going to have my life. I’m gonna do things. I’m going to have political views and be involved with people. 


I turned into a shell of my former self trying to be someone else in college, and university, and how much of that was for you? When the happiest moments in my life were busking and panhandling on a street corner when I was young because I knew I could take care of myself... 


Everything I did after that just weighed me fucking down..I look back on the wreckage of my life and I know who to blame, it starts with me on 1996, Before that I had issues and problems sure, but I tried to be someone I’m not and even more I completely sold my soul trying to be yours. 


That’s the fucking problem, I have that. I was alone in the wilderness for years on my own surviving. I don’t need family. I don’t need Freinds. I value them sure. But I don’t need anyone. especially a fucking partner. You are the only one I ever chose, why do you think you have my kid? But I’m fine on my own. My responsibilities to you and him reach forever but forever isn’t infinite. I have my limits. 


It wouldn’t take me the old punk to disappear into the ether. Ask my mother and siblings. I disappeared before. I can do it again. I have so many places in Canada I could fuckin start over and be a ghost to you. 


I never should have left

Toronto. I was better hiding in plain sight on the Danforth. I was better doing for myself. What did self improvement ever get me. Tyler Durden was right. Self improvement was the better direction. 


The cosmic joke is that you would take everything I have to fucking  give you and I’d gladly and willingly give it to you. But I don’t do that anymore without terms and conditions that part you don’t seem to understand. Yes we’re young, but I’d seen more by 24 then I’ve fucking seen in the last 24. The irony of this anniversary being as old as I was when we got together is not lost on me. I expect to fight with you for the next two weeks. Too fucking bad I have plans that will fuckin interfere with that. 


I don’t regret anything but I wonder

If the kid in the purple uk docs and the flannel and the Kurt Cobain jacket would think of me now, oh wait I already know... I would and did roll people like me, I grew up hard. It’s a defense mechanism, I’m proud of it and I’m glad the next

Generation of my family hasn’t

Had that. They don’t need it. But what you’ve done is just as bad.


But I’ll never apologize for being hard. I am up front and centre at the barrier at the punk show at middle age because that’s who I am, that’s who I’ve always been. 


I need to be there for you, but I’d never sacrifice myself anymore. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cowabunga.

Back to the job search i go... not really anything to do right now but play turtles smash up and watch tv so i decided to wander downtown and look for a job. I am feeling really good at the moment and trying to ride this positive feeling as long as it lasts and not let anything get me down. Current Mood: Positive. Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.

Fall Of Cybertron III: Where’s Poochie.

It is very easy for me to fade away and just get bored of other people and politics when games are played. I’m not even fucking blinking when someone else who I’ve done things for, constantly for months with no rewards suddenly forgets I exist. That’s real easy for me to fucking deal with. Con politics, games, asshole people that don’t pay there Fuckin promises from day one? Don’t call my number.  I stepped away from this shit once on my own. I have no fucking problem doing it again. I feel used and betrayed, but for me it was a Tuesday. I suspect jealousy and politics but I also know when to stick a fork in something when it’s done. I’ve got no interest being around anyone that doesn’t want me involved in there little cliques. I mean this thing was fun but from day one it was political. I don’t need stress and drama in my life. I can hang up my Wizard robe and move the fuck on. I did a great job of it on my own anyways. I don’t look amateur hour like the rest of them. And I no longer

Fuel Injected Suicide Machine.

Pissing me off is never a good fucking option. I have a life and I don’t need to make fucking sacrifices for anyone if I choose not to.  I’m getting real fed up with simply being expected to do and arrange things so someone else can have a fucking escape. This is starting to become a fucking pattern in my life. Some I choose to do for, but others, when I’m starting to notice a fucking pattern? I’m gone. I will always be gone.  The fact I have yet to step foot in England when I have a secondary place to stay should speak volumes in terms of this freindship and how it’s no longer even.  I’m sick of things only being halfway when I’m trying with certain fucking people and I can bail and close ranks and not give a flying fuck about anyone anymore when I’m not being treated with respect esp. given to mine and my brothers financial situation. I don’t mind making sacrifices but I’m still going to make sure that my main fucking priorities are taken care of.  I’m not going to pretend to keep th